Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lucky

I drove over to my parents on Sunday to unearth my other car. What a pain. 2 hours of snowblowing, shoveling and chiseling. The snow was ROCK hard. After a bit of rocking back and forth and burning up what clutch I don't have left...VICTORY!!! My Contour was mobile once again.

I had let her sit for a good two months before parking at my parents for another two months. I really wanted to drive around and get rid of that old gas. I park my sexy shiny 6 and drive off.

It's running as good as a car with 192k on it can. Actually really good. I get all the way back to my apartment complex. As I'm turning in I hit the brakes to slow down...huh kinda soft...that's weird. I should do a brake test and see what's up. I proceed to stomp on the brake pedal. Instead of coming to a screetching hault, my foot goes to the floor. OH CRAP! I pump them a few times. Nothing. It's Sunday night so nobody is around. I roll back to my apt using the E-brake. Yep, blew a brake line. So what do I do? Drive it back to my parents using only the E-brake. LOL!

That could have been really bad. I'm glad it blew in a good spot. I guess kickass braided stainless brake lines don't mean crap if you've got rusty steel lines feeding them. ...argh...

Oh well, I at least got some Stabil in the tank. Hopefully it'll be good 'til spring when I can fix everything. :(

6 Comments:

Blogger just some dude said...

I've done that too!! Though I drove mine from my apt to my dads house to fix it, but I had my dad drive in front of me just in case. That way if I hit anyone it would be him, he was way thrilled with that arrangement! :-)

8:05 AM  
Blogger BP said...

LOL! Yeah, If it weren't for all of the snowbanks to crash in to, I probably would have waited til midnight.

Does anyone local carry long lengths of brakeline? All that I've seen so far are stupid 3ft lengths.

12:11 PM  
Blogger just some dude said...

I'm pretty sure I have some in my garage, I'll check. Btw, I have a bubble flare kit too, if you need to use it!

3:25 PM  
Blogger just some dude said...

I was just thinking that we need to get some hot chicks to read and comment on our blogs and flirt with us! Though I don't think there's any hot chicks that blog anymore, well at least not any that will talk to me. :-) I guess my awsomeosity is a bit intimidating, well that and i hardly ever wear underbritches!

3:35 PM  
Blogger just some dude said...

HEY! You'd better do another couple of posts!! Not 3 in a week and then nothing for 6 months!

3:25 PM  
Blogger BP said...

I've wanted to, but my computer has been ripped apart since last Friday. Just been too darn busy. I've got a lot to do this weekend.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home