Monday, May 28, 2007

Summer Vacation

WOW, it's only 9:15 and I have no desire to go to sleep or work at all tomorrow. I'd like to have a President come in and invoke a 6 week minimum vacation policy. I was talking to this old lady at Ace Hardware the other day. Looked like she was pushing 80. She said how she is old tired and has all of this free time. She also said how the "kids" like me should have the time off. Hell yeah!!!

I can't imagine how much less life would suck if I could take off a crapload this time of year. Right now I have a measly 10 days. I already burned up half off it because i fucked up my back early this year. It's be great to have the time to travel and work on all of my projects. When I get home from work I don't feel like doing shit. By the time that I'm done unwinding from the week on Saturday, half of my weekend is already gone.

I don't know about the rest of you but this three-day weekend was pretty damn perfect. Saturday was kinda rainy but Sunday and today were 75 and partly gorgeous.

I think it time to turn on some tunes, crack open a beer, and enjoy the evening wrenching on my cars. ;)

BTW, I also found out that my "totalled" car only needed $2 worth of parts to get it back in perfect running order. the only thing that broke in the collision was my power steering cooler. One foot of 3/8" tubing, two hose clamps and it's all better. It's missing a bumper, the headlights point every which-way, and the hood is a bit bumpy, but it will probably still run for another 100,000 miles. Anyone want a car that nobody will steal but gets 30+MPG?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home