Sunday, May 21, 2006

Truth in advertising.

I've gotta call BS on Apple's new ads. They portray the PC as being nerds and Macs as being cool guys that can do anything. Bullshit!!! If these ads were true, the PC would be represented by a guy that was a cross between McGyver and a Navy Seal, whereas the Mac would be represented by a retarded Oompa-Loompa.

PCs have been and always will be faster and more power full than Macs. Why? A Mac is like a glorified console gaming system. There is only one motherboard and one box. You may have a couple choices of video card, amount of ram, and hard drive size, but THAT'S IT!!! PC's are like snowflakes, they are all different.

I can count on one hand the number of games that run on a Mac. I wouldn't want to try to count the number of PC games available. 10,000? 20,000? 300,000? How far back are we talking here?

Now to the retarded Oompa-Loompa statement... You can get a Mac in any color that you want, as long as it's white and clear. You can also be sure that any Mac that you buy will be AT LEAST two or three steps slower than a top-of-line PC. And Mac is kind enough to tack on a big price tag to the slow jizz colored computers that they sell. Nice, huh?

I'll admit it. My PC doesn't like to boot sometimes. It has a very good reason. It is over six years old. I have swapped dozens of cards in and out of my computer. Multiple hard drives. And have installed dozens of applications. Does it crash? Rarely. Show me a Mac that you can do half of what I've listed, and still works flawlessly. I won't hold my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home