Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ebay Aholes

I'm getting really worried. I ordered a VERY expensive part for my car off of Ebay last Tuesday. I have heard NOTHING from the seller. I sent him an email last Thursday asking if he shipped it and for a tracking number. Zip. Zero. Nada.

He had 100% approval with 90+ buyers. WTF is going on?!? I'm giving the guy one more day to send me some info then I'm taking action.

The thing that really has me worried is that I used PayPal but I used it with my credit card. I'm pretty sure that I don't get the $1,000 buyer protection if I use a credit card.

UGH! This sucks!!!

Til morrow.

***TUESDAY UPDATE***

I emailed the guy directly and set him an email through Ebay. Still nothing. I said that if he didn't respond in 48 hours (by Thursday evening). That I would take action to get my money back.

BTW, I found out that becuase he has a 100% feedback rating, my purchase is covered by buyer protection. I should be able to get all of my money back if this guy doesn't send my my stuff.

This still sucks.

***WEDNESDAY UPDATE***

Thank God! It looks like the guy isn't a deadbeat seller afterall. The message I got from him this morning...

"your turbo got shipped out yesterday. we normally dont automatically email tracking info so i will make sure to have it emailed to you asap tomorrow. sorry for the confusion"

It still strikes me as being lazy to not tell your buyers what the heck is going on. If I pay you $500 for something, I wanna know EXACTLY what is happening.

I'm still probably going to be a little worried until I actually have it in my hands.

2 Comments:

Blogger joanne said...

Omg, I don't know about that. I would think you would still be protected. Geesh. You're making me think twice about ever using ebay again (I don't use it that often actually). I'll be interested to know what happens, so keep us posted.

5:54 PM  
Blogger BP said...

Hi Jo-Anne, thanks for checking out my blog.

My track record with Ebay hasn't been very good. I'd say that out of the 10 things that I've bought, 8 of them have been damaged or broken in some way. Most sellers are big fat liars. The only reason that I bought from this guy was because of his great feedback rating.

...nervously waiting...

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home