Friday, April 15, 2005

No Books, Just Mags

OK. Blogger ate my last three attempts. I got pissed and decided to play around with my profile. I noticed that I never had filled out the "favorite Books" section. That prompted this post. BTW, I'm authoring in WordPad from now on. Anywho...

I don't read books, just magazines. I think that the last book that I voluntarily read was in 7th grade. It was a cool sci-fi series called "The Stainless Steel Rat." The series was about a future super criminal. Very cool. By "voluntarily" I mean that it was the last book that I wasn't forced to read.

It's not that I have an aversion to books or anything. I just feel like I'm wasting time if I'm sitting still and doing absolutely nothing for hours on end. Even when I'm watching TV, I'll be reading at the same time or working at my computer (like now). I also like to be on the bleeding edge of current technology. My two favorite Mags are Sound & Vision and MaximumPC. The are both very well written and I learn something from each of them everytime.

Books are also painfully outdated. Heck, even the computer mags that I read have a difficult time keeping up with the current news. For instant news, I like to check out HardOCP, Arstechnica, and Tom's Hardware.

Actually, I have read a couple of books recently, but not "real" books. They were both on how to design and build a turbocharger system for my car. Is it wrong for me to not read "real" books? I hope not. I'm just extremely technical.

1 Comments:

Blogger BP said...

That actually sounds like something I'd like to read. Hooray for geek books!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home